Modern Daily Knitting
Skill Set: Beginning Knitting
There’s never been a how-to-knit book quite like this. It's little, smart, and encouraging. In 9 short lessons, with dozens of clear illustrations, this book teaches everything a new knitter needs to know, and nothing they don’t.
The 9 Lessons emphasize practice with swatches to make for each technique. There’s just one pattern, for a simple hat, that lets a new knitter try out the techniques.
- Lesson 1: Supplies, Casting On, Knit Stitch, Binding Off
- Lesson 2: Purl Stitch, Combining Knits and Purls
- Lesson 3: Basic Shaping: Increases and Decreases
- Lesson 4: Knitting in the Round
- Lesson 5: Basic Lace and Cables
- Lesson 6: Basic Colorwork: Stripes, Stranding Intarsia
- Lesson 7: Finishing: Weaving in Ends, Seaming, Blocking
- Lesson 8: Patterns, Yarn, and Gear
- Lesson 9: Fixing Mistakes
Paperback / 107 pages / 75 illustrations